Pharm Joy Iloani-Nwankwo is currently an Independent Managing Regulatory Consultant at Pharma Novelty Limited. Pharma Novelty Ltd is a company established to serve as a solution hub for complex regulatory issues within the Nigerian food and pharma sectors.
Joy strives to provide comfort and care for her patients through careful formulations of treatment that can also save their lives. Joy believes that proper self-care coupled with the right supply of medicines will help her patients maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Joy works with her current clients to develop new models to provide sufficient patient care to achieve the desired results.
Joy graduated with a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree at the University of Benin, Edo State, Nigeria in 1984.
She served under the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Pharmaceutical Services Division.
Her one-year Internship was at the Prestigious University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
She practiced as a community Pharmacist in her early years as the Chief Executive officer of her own Company.
In the year 2000, Joy opted to join the National Agency for Food Administration and Control (NAFDAC) where she served successfully until her retirement. She is a trained Facility Auditor, trained Dossier Evaluator for Drugs, Medical Devices and Vaccines.
In NAFDAC, she worked at different Directorates of the Agency and some International/National assignments amongst which are:
• Head of the Narcotics & Psychotropic substances and Drug Demand Reduction Divisions, both Narcotics and Controlled Substances Directorate.
• Head of the Drugs manufactured in Nigeria, Cosmetics and Herbal Medicines/ Nutraceuticals Divisions, Registration and Regulatory Affairs Directorate.
• Assistant Director, Imported Drugs, Registration and Regulatory Affairs Directorate.
• Worked at the Establishment Inspection Directorate Office at different States some of which she headed. These includes but not limited to Plateau, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States.
She retired as a Deputy Director from the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)- The National Regulatory Authority in Nigeria.
Other assignments during her career:
• Member, Enugu and Ebonyi States Task Force on Counterfeit and Fake Drugs/ Unwholesome Processed Food
• Focal Person for Clinton Health Aids Initiatives (CHAI) and UN Commission on Life Saving Commodities
• Headed the Dossier Evaluation Team (R&R)
• Focal Person for Malaria Control Program
• Headed the In-House Capacity Building Desk (R&R) where she developed Training Manuals and facilitated training programs for staff.
• Presented many papers at various workshops and conferences, locally, regionally, and internationally.
• Member Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN)
• Member Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS)
• Member Nigerian Institute of Management (MIN)
• Member Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology (NIFST).